Foreign students should secure a Student Visa prior to their trip to Turkey from the nearest Turkish Embassy or Consulate in their country.
For education visas, students are required to submit documents such as:
- A letter of acceptance given by the university in Turkey,
- Original passport valid for at least one year,
- A completed visa application form,
- Recent passport size pictures
- A non-refundable processing fee for the Turkish Consulate.
Incoming students are advised to apply for the visa at least two months prior to the date of departure.
Once students arrived into Turkey, a residence permit should be obtained by an application through the local authorities within one month of the student’s arrival. The application is made to the Foreigners Department of the Istanbul Provincial Security Directorate. Students must register for an online appointment to receive an application form from the link below.
Appointment must be taken only from “İSTANBUL İL GÖÇ İDARESİ”
You MUST take an appointment within 30 days of your arrival in Turkey. Otherwise, the student visa of the applicant will be invalidated.
To register you will need to attend the police station shown below:
İstanbul İl Göç İdaresi,
Hırka-i Şerif Mahallesi, Vatan Caddesi No:64/ 34091 FATİH / İSTANBUL
Tel: +90 212 499 40 00
To register you will need:
- Online application form (with signature)
- 4 passport photos
- Copy of Passport ID Page and Original Passport
- Copy of Passport Visa Page
- Document which proof your grant
- Student Certificate
- Valid Insurance
- Tutition fee of 58,50 TL