The application period for the Academic Year 2016-2017 Fall Term has started. Please carefully read the instructions below before submission of your application.
- The application period: July 11, 2016 – August 19, 2016
- Scholarship applications are not accepted.
- Candidates are allowed to make max. three choices of programs ( two from the same graduate school, one from a different graduate school).The applications to three different programs at the same time are considered invalid.
- Candidates can only apply to the programs offered for the international students. The applications to the programs different from those programs will be considered invalid.
For the list of the Master Degree Programs offered for the international students, click here.
For the list of the Doctoral Programs offered for the international students, click here.
- Candidates are required to submit the documents listed below. The candidates who successfully submit their applications will receive a confirmation e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates are required to pay the non-refundable application fee (200 USD) and submit the bank payment receipt through the online application system. The payment can be transferred to the IBAN Bank Account TR87 0001 5001 5804 8000 4691 34.
For the online application manual, click here
For the online application system, click here
NOTE: If you cannot find the name of your university in the list provided by the Online Application System, please e-mail to email@example.com and ask us to add your university to the list. After updating the system, you can submit your application.
Application Documents required for the Master’s and Doctoral Programs
- A copy of undergraduate diploma together with its Turkish or English translation**
- A copy of undergraduate transcript together with a document of the course contents and their Turkish or English translations**
- For the application to Master’s with thesis and Doctoral programs, a copy of the score report for one of the valid ALES, GRE or GMAT Tests (applicants who do not yet have a score report of ALES/GRE/GMAT can be offered conditional acceptance. In that case, they are required to sign a written contract to fulfill their pre-enrollment liabilities within one year after submitting their Turkish language certificate. In the meantime, applicants have to submit the required test certificate).
- For the diplomas obtained from the foreign country higher education institutions, a copy of the diploma equivalency certificate issued by Turkish Council of Higher Education (YÖK) (the students, who are offered conditional acceptance, are allowed only one semester to submit this document).
- The Turkish Language Proficiency Certificate(s) for the candidates who apply to the programs taught in Turkish:
- Prospective students, who apply to the programs taught in Turkish, are required to prove that they have sufficient knowledge of the Turkish language to follow the courses.
- The students, who completed their high school, undergraduate and/or Master’s degree in Turkish, do not need to proof any Turkish Language Proficiency Certificate.
- Minimum B2 TÖMER, UTS or upper level of exam result and/or other equivalent Turkish test result approved by the Turkish Council of Higher Education (YÖK) is required to be submitted.
- If students do not have any Turkish Language Proficiency Certificate, they will be offered conditional acceptance and they are required to sign a written contract to submit the required language certificate in a year.
- In that case, they are allowed one year to submit the language certificate before starting the courses. After a year, Turkish Language Certificate is required to be submitted to the Department of Student Affairs before the academic year begins.
- If students cannot submit a valid Turkish Language Certificate, they will also get a second additional year to obtain a valid test result. The students, who cannot submit the certificate by the end of the second additional year, get dismissed from the university.
- The English Language Proficiency Certificate for the candidates who apply to the programs taught in English and all the PhD programs
- For the Master Degree Programs: A score report of YDS/UDS/KPDS Tests: 50 or equivalent of TOEFL IBT: 60, or CAE: C or CPE:C or PEARSON PTE:50 is required to be submitted.
- For the PhD programs: A score report of YDS/UDS/KPDS Tests: 60 or equivalent of TOEFL IBT: 72, or CAE: C or CPE:C or PEARSON PTE: 55 is required to be submitted.
- If applicants do not have any English test result, they can attend the English Preparatory School Foreign Language Proficiency Exam (YDYS) at Istanbul Commerce University. The applicants who pass the exam can start to their programs (PhD candidates cannot take the English Proficiency Exam in our university, they need to submit one of the score reports listed above)
- If applicants fail to pass the YDYS English exam and/or cannot submit any valid English test score, they can study at the Intensive English Preparatory School at the university.
- A colored passport size photo (should be taken in the last six months/ it should be scanned and sent)**
- A copy of the passport pages showing the credentials**
- The payment receipt of the Application Fee (200 USD) transferred to the IBAN Bank Account TR87 0001 5001 5804 8000 4691 34 (For the detailed bank account information, click here).
** If these are not supplied, application is not accepted.