Within the European Commission’s Erasmus+ Program Key Action 1 – Mobility of Individuals, Istanbul Commerce University academic teaching staff may seek Erasmus+ funding for a teaching period at a partner institution abroad. The teaching must be carried out at a Higher Education Institution (HEI) that is a holder of an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE) with which Istanbul Commerce University has signed a bilateral agreement in a specific area of teaching. Please, consult the list of current partner universities on our website: https://app.erasmus.ticaret.edu.tr/tr/euc-agreements/list
EXPECTED OUTCOMES OF THE MOBILITY
The mobility activities are expected to produce the following outcomes:
- improved competences, linked to professional profiles;
- broader understanding of practices, policies and systems in education, training or youth across countries;
- increased capacity to trigger changes in terms of modernisation and international opening within their educational organisations;
- greater understanding of interconnections between formal and non-formal education, vocational training and the labour market respectively;
- better quality of their work and activities in favour of students, trainees, apprentices, pupils, adult learners, young people and volunteers;
- greater understanding and responsiveness to social, linguistic and cultural diversity;
- increased ability to address the needs of the disadvantaged;
- increased support for and promotion of mobility activities for learners;
- increased opportunities for professional and career development;
- improved foreign language competences;
- increased motivation and satisfaction in their daily work.
Activities supported under this Action are also expected to produce the following outcomes on participating organisations:
- increased capacity to operate at EU/international level: improved management skills and internationalisation strategies; reinforced cooperation with partners from other countries; increased allocation of financial resources (other than EU funds) to organise EU/international projects; increased quality in the preparation, implementation, monitoring and follow up of EU/international projects;
- innovative and improved way of operating towards their target groups, by providing for example: more attractive programmes for students, trainees, apprentices, young people and volunteers in line with their needs and expectations; improved qualifications of teaching and training staff; improved processes of recognition and validation of competences gained during learning periods abroad; more effective activities for the benefit of local communities, improved youth work methods and practices to actively involve young people and/or to address disadvantaged groups, etc.;
- more modern, dynamic, committed and professional environment inside the organisation: ready to integrate good practices and new methods into daily activities; open to synergies with organisations active in different social, educational and employment fields; planning strategically the professional development of their staff in relation to individual needs and organisational objectives; if relevant, capable of attracting excellent students and academic staff from all over the world.
PRE-REQUISITES OF PARTICIPATION
Erasmus+ Teaching Mobility may be carried out by all resident and visiting academic teaching staff at Istanbul Commerce University, who hold employment contract with Istanbul Commerce University regardless of nationality. The sending and receiving organisations, must have agreed in advance on the program of the activities to be delivered by the visiting teachers (teaching program) – in a ‘Mobility Agreement’ – prior to the start of the mobility period. These agreements define the target teaching outcomes for the teaching period abroad, specify the formal recognition provisions and list the rights and obligations of each party.
VENUE OF THE ACTIVITY
Faculty members must carry out their mobility activity in any Programme Country different from the country of the sending organisation and the staff country of residence.
The Erasmus Programme Countries are currently the following:
Member States of the European Union (EU): Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom*
Non-EU Program Countries: former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Serbia
The receiving organisation must be a Programme Country Higher Education Institution that is a holder of an Erasmus University Charter and with which Istanbul Commerce University has signed a bilateral agreement in a specific area of teaching. Please, consult the list of current partner universities on our university’s website; https://app.erasmus.ticaret.edu.tr/tr/euc-agreements/list
ELIGIBLE ACTIVITIES ABROAD:
The home and the host institution shall ensure that the visiting faculty’s teaching and related activities will be an integral part of a diploma programme of the host institution. Priority should be given to mobility activities which will also:
- lead to the production of new teaching material
- be used to consolidate and extend links between Departments and Faculties to prepare future co-operation projects.
- training period can included in the mobility for teaching staff that allow them to develop pedagogical and curriculum design skills
DURATION OF THE MOBILITY
The duration of the mobility is from 2 days to 5-6 days, excluding travel time. In all cases, a teaching activity has to comprise a minimum of 8 hours of teaching per week (or any shorter period of stay). In order to be able to support several applicants, Istanbul Commerce University provides grant for a maximum of 5-6 days.
Successful applicants are eligible to receive funds to partially support their visit, which may not cover all the actual expenses incurred.
Funds eligible for Erasmus+ Teaching Mobility are made up of two components:
• Individual Support (Subsistence) and
• Travel Contribution.
Participants will receive their regular salaries while away on Erasmus teaching.
Individual Support (subsistence)
|Receiving country||Amount (1-14 days)|
|Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom||153 EUR/day|
|Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Germany, Greece, France, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain||136 EUR/day|
|Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia||119 EUR/day|
Travel contribution is calculated using a Travel distance calculator supported up by the European Commission. Distance is calculated between start and end location of the mobility in straight lines from one location to another.
The grants will be issued as follows:
|Between 10 and 99 KM||20 EUR per participant|
|Between 100 and 499 KM||180 EUR per participant|
|Between 500 and 1999 KM||275 EUR per participant|
|Between 2000 and 2999 KM||360 EUR per participant|
|Between 3000 and 3999 KM||530 EUR per participant|
Beneficiaries proceeding on Erasmus+ Teaching Mobility should retain boarding cards/train tickets/other travel tickets which need to be submitted along with the documentation of the mobility.
Travel arrangements not directly related to the Erasmus+ Teaching Mobility such as travel to conferences or any other visits before/after the Erasmus+ mobility will not be considered eligible.
- Select a host institution from among Istanbul Commerce University’s Erasmus partner institutions.
- Fill in the Application Form and prepare the teaching program: explain the objectives of the mobility, the added value of the mobility for both institutions and the expected results. The teaching program must be agreed on and signed by all parties before submission.
- Obtain an Official Invitation Letter from the host institution and attach it to the Application package
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applicants must submit one scanned application package containing the above listed documents to email@example.com
- Priority is given to permanent members of academic staff and those who participate in the Erasmus Teaching Mobility Program for the first time;
- Results should be expected within four weeks after the application deadline;
Istanbul Commerce University will endeavor to support as many applications as possible within the limits of the available budget.