Merkez Müdürümüz Prof.Dr. Murat Yülek, 6 Nisan 2017, Avrupa Yatırım Bankası’nda (EIB) “Europe’s Future: Why Manufacturing Still Matters” konulu semineri sunmak üzere Luksemburg’a davet edidi.
Yülek, seminer’de aşağıdaki konuları ele almıştır.
In an era of de-industrialization and offshoring of manufacturing jobs in the developed economies and the “middle income trap” and “premature de-industrialization” in developing ones, this seminar will review a number sub-topics:
- Services vs industry: does manufacturing still matter? If so why?
- Is manufacturing “poor men’s job”? Who manufactures? Who does not?
- How does it apply to Europe which is experiencing economic slow down on the one hand and interregional discrepancies in per capita income and development?
- How does manufacturing relate to middle income trap?
- Industrial policy vs science, technology and innovation policy: horizontal ve vertical policies; merits and sequencing
- What is a strategic industry? How to identify them?