REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND IMPORTANT NOTICES FOR THE STUDENT RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR THE 2017-2018 FALL TERM
FOR THE ATTENTION OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS WHO WILL APPLY FOR THE STUDENT RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR THE 2017-2018 FALL TERM
On 2 November 2017, the officers from Istanbul Provincial Directorate of Migration Management are going to come to issue the student residence permits.
International students must attend the Conference Room, on the 6th floor, at 09.30 am on Thursday, the 2nd of November.
Students, who do not turn up on Thursday the 2nd of November, will not be given another appointment date and therefore the late applications will not be put in process!
Please attend Conference Room on the date stated above in order to obtain the student residence permit!
Please make online application on the website below – well in advance – before 2nd November 2017. Otherwise, the residence permit cannot be granted!
Please see the list of the required documents for the application of student residence permit and the important notices below.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR STUDENT RESIDENCE PERMIT
Please see below the list of the required documents for the application of student residence permit and also the important notices:
1. Passport and the photocopy of the passport (a photocopy of the pages with photograph and with the stamp of the last entry to Turkey. Also for the students who entered to Turkey with visa, a photocopy of the page with that visa)
Warning: if students entered to Turkey with e-visa, they are required to submit the printout of e-visa.
2. If name and surname are not written separately in the passport, students must bring name-equivalence certificate from their home country embassies. (For the passports of those with a full name but without a surname).
3. For the students who are younger than 18 years of age;
A- Letter of parental consent is required. Letter of parental consent should include “I allow my child (name) to reside in Turkey and to study at (the name of the university)”. Letter of parental consent is required to include the permission of both parents.
B- For the students who are younger than 18 years of age, THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE is required.
4. Student certificate with the recent date issued, signed and stamped by the university authorities. It must be issued pursuant to the date of the last exam.
6. Health insurance (validity period must cover the whole period of education).
7. Insurance notification. All the students – regardless of whether they have insurance or not – have to fill in the insurance notification (Please see the enclosed document: “Declaration Notification for Insurance”).
8. 4 biometric photographs.
9. The payment receipt of the residence permit card.
Card fee of 63 Turkish Lira is required to be paid to the tax offices below.
In order for students to pay 63 TL to the tax office, they need to obtain a TAX IDENTIFICATION NUMBER.
Following obtaining the temporary tax id number, STUDENTS CAN PAY THE CARD FEE OF 63 TL to the tax offices below:
1- HİSAR VERGİ DAİRESİ – HİSAR TAX OFFICE (in EMİNÖNÜ)
2- RIHTIM VERGİ DAİRESİ – RIHTIM TAX OFFICE (in YAKACIK)
3- GELİR İDARESİ BAŞKANLIĞI – REVENUE ADMINISTRATION OFFICE (on VATAN CADDESİ / ROAD)
Besides, the card fee can be paid in some branches of Ziraat Bank.
10. Students holding an entry visa issued by the foreign missions of Turkey are not charged of visa fee; however, the students who enter Turkey without visa are required to pay the visa fee to the tax office before the application of residence The visa fee for all the students is 353, 10 TL.
1. Please check the document list carefully and make sure that you have all the documents listed above before your appointment. Any missing documents during the submission of the application will prolong the process.
2. Residence permit can only be granted up to two months in advance of the passport expiry date; therefore students must have enough validity on their passport.
3. While making appointment, students must give their correct and accurate information. If students give incorrect address and contact information, the residence permit cards cannot be delivered to them. (Students are responsible for the false statement/information they gave).
STUDENTS MUST GIVE ACCURATE AND COMPLETE UNIVERSITY AND/OR RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS TOGETHER WITH OTHER CONTACT INFORMATION. THIS IS BECAUSE; THE RESIDENCE PERMIT CARDS ARE POSTED TO THE STUDENTS’ ADDRESS IN TURKEY AND ALSO A TEXT MESSAGE IS SENT TO THE STUDENTS’ TURKISH CELL PHONE NUMBER.
4. THE VISA APPLICATION OF STUDENTS, OF WHOSE DO NOT MAKE APPOINTMENT WITHIN 10 DAYS FOLLOWING THEIR VISA EXPIRY DATE, WILL NOT BE PUT IN PROCESS.
The student is required to exit and enter at the Turkish border gates with regard to the necessary procedures.
5. THE FEE OF STUDENT RESIDENCE PERMIT IS ONLY 63 TL. 63 TL IS TO BE PAID TO THE TAX OFFICE.
6. The student residence permit of students, who have graduated from the university or got dismissed from the university or changed undergraduate/graduate programme or transferred to another university, is deemed INVALID. These students should make an appointment for a new residence permit before they graduate from or get dismissed from the university.
FOR INSTANCE; the student residence permit of a student expires in March 2016. However, the student has already graduated from or got dismissed from the university in November 2015. The residence permit between November 2015 and March 2016 is deemed invalid. The student should make a new appointment to apply for residence permit before the graduation date or within maximum 10 days following the graduation date.
7. People who enrolled in – to learn Turkish must make an appointment for the SHORT TERM RESIDENCE PERMIT, not for the student residence permit.
8. Students enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate programme at the university and are approved to take the Turkish language course by the university can obtain STUDENT RESIDENCE PERMIT.
9. WARNING: Effective from 01.01.2018, the appointments that are made incorrectly will be deemed invalid.